Raising a German Shepherd is a lifelong commitment. And here you’ll find the best resources you need to raise a well-balanced, healthy dog at all stages; from puppy through to adolescence and into adulthood.
Here’s an easy way to find the main categories on the site…
Training Advice and Puppies
In these sections, you’ll find handy training advice with actionable tips you can apply immediately.
And in this section, you’ll find a growing selection of articles about puppy training and development.
Nutrition and Health
No matter what life-stage your GSD is in, clean-living and a good diet mean a healthy pooch and fewer visits to the vet.
In this section, you’ll find tips and advice to care for your GSD in the most natural way. Nutrition, grooming, caring for an older dog and how to enrich your dog’s life are just some of the topics explored.
German Shepherd Gear
Because of my obsession with dog gear, I’ve tried and tested more products than I’d like to admit. But I will come clean and say that some of those purchases were really bad and a waste of money.
But on the bright side, this means I can share my experiences and opinions on a wide range of dog gear. Which means you don’t have to make the same mistakes I did. So if you’re in the market for the best dog gear that can handle a powerful German Shepherd, this is the perfect place to start.
German Shepherd Breed Information
If you’re new to the GSD breed, or you’re on a mission to research this majestic breed before you take the plunge, this is the section for you!
You’ll learn a ton about what it takes to raise a German Shepherd and what you need to know before opening your heart to one. But not only that, you’ll learn how to find a reputable breeder and how to spot a breeder that’ll only sell you heartache. So definitely check out this section.
This section is a small but growing collection of fun DIY stuff you can make for your dog. And I’ve been surprised at how many folks are requesting more DIY projects. So currently it’s a work in progress.
At the moment, there are two easy to follow guides to make toys for your dog. But I’ll be adding homemade treat recipes, veggie ferment projects (yes, my dog’s eat sauerkraut!) and other fun stuff. So watch this space!
Featured or Mentioned On:
Looking for More Specific Guidance?
Scroll down and check out my specific reading recommendations…
Considering Bringing a German Shepherd Home?
If that’s you then these articles will help you find your way…
- German Shepherd Breed Information.
- How to Find a Reputable German Shepherd Breeder.
- Fun Facts About German Shepherds.
- What to Know Before Getting a German Shepherd.
- What are the Most Popular German Shepherd Mixes?
Everyone wants a dog with the best manners because that’s the only way to live in harmony.
New Puppy or Rescue GSD in the House?
Check out some of these puppy articles to help you navigate this busy time:
- How to Crate Train a German Shepherd.
- How to Potty Train a German Shepherd Puppy.
- How to Curb Puppy Biting Problems with 4 Fun Games.
Need Help with Your German Shepherd?
Here are a couple of articles to get you started:
- How to Use a Dog Clicker to Train Your German Shepherd.
- How to Stop Your German Shepherd from Jumping.
- Why is your German Shepherd not Listening and What You can do About it.
- How to Train a German Shepherd to Like Cats.
- How to Curb Nuisance Barking Behavior.
- 5 Tips to Manage Training Sessions Like a Pro.
- How to Train Your Pooch to Get Ready for a Pedi.
A healthy dog is a happy dog and a happy owner! Keeping your German Shepherd in optimal health means fewer trips to the vet and savings for your pocket.
Here at GSC I also share how I keep my dogs healthy without spending a fortune.
If you’re interested in finding out how I do this, here are a couple of articles to check out:
- 8 Mental Enrichment Ideas for Dogs (Science-Based).
- How to Treat Separation Anxiety in a Dog.
- How to Groom a German Shepherd for Summer.
- 9 Fun Games to Play with Dogs Outside.
And if you’re interested in feeding a raw diet, check out my article on The Best Raw Food for German Shepherds.
Looking for German Shepherd Supplies?
Here are some popular supplies fit for German Shepherds:
- The Best Tug of War Toys for Dogs
- The Best Toys for German Shepherd Puppies
- The Best Hiking Harnesses and Safety Harnesses for Dogs in Cars.
- The Best Tennis Ball Launcher for Dogs.
- The Best Dog Beds for German Shepherds.
- The Best (and Worst) Training Programs for German Shepherds.
- These are the Best (and worst) Dog Nail Grinders.
- Best Puzzle Toy for Dogs You Must Have.
Want to Know More About the Site?
Featured or Mentioned On:
These are the pages you’re looking for:
I’m proud to bring you this website. It’s a daily passion and a journey of discovery.
I hope you enjoy browsing around and find value in what you read.
And please remember to leave your questions and comments. I always love connecting with folks.
Gabriella and Crew