How GSC Makes Money
German Shepherd Corner is not only a site where you can find the best training advice for your pooch. It’s also a professional review and comparison site.
This means that I do in-depth research and provide honest feedback about services and products for dogs. In most cases, I have tried and tested products first-hand. But sometimes I go on the experience of others.
I also gather information from manufacturers and analyze hundreds of customer reviews from across the web. I curate all of the important information you need in one place. I also give products a paw rating based on all the in-depth research. This way you can make an informed decision before choosing the product right for you.
To keep this service free for you, I place links to the products I review. When you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive compensation – at no extra cost to you.
Although I may receive compensation, the results of the reviews are my own and based on objective assessments. In simple terms, if a product is crap, you’ll know about it in my review.
How I Test and Rate Products and Services
When reviewing a product or service I evaluate a number of factors that contribute to the overall rating. I research industry standards, independent opinions, expert ratings, and customer reviews. Where applicable I share my own experiences, tests, and evaluations.
Where applicable, you’ll see a “paw rating” which is my personal rating of a product or service based on my in-depth research.
- Consumer Interest: Here I determine how interested other consumers are in a product, brand or service. I also pay close attention to how each manufacturer or company listens to its customers and deals with feedback.
- Credibility: I research the extent to which products, services, and brands have been endorsed by trusted experts. And where a product or service stands in terms of industry standards.
- Value: Is a product or service good value for money? You’ll learn about what you get for your money and if there are any extra fees or expenses.
- Customer Support: This is an important factor, especially since these products are for your pooch. I look at how companies and manufacturers treat their customers. I research whether they give support and are they friendly, supportive and informative.
- Popularity: The paw ratings I give are based on other customer ratings, reviews, overall company popularity and also my own experiences.
- Technology and Equipment: With technology changing fast, here I research whether products are designed using the latest tech.
- Pricing: Through my research, I also evaluate pricing which plays a role in any paw rating. However, I am not permitted to share exact pricing, but where applicable I may give ballpark-figures.
- Features: I consider and share a wide variety of features and bells or whistles, and aim to highlight the most important features of a product. I also share the features I’d like to see improved or added to a product or service.